Attorney Referral List
The attorney referral list contains the contact information for law offices that have expressed interest in obtaining referrals from Student Legal Services. Student Legal Services does not recommend the employment of any particular attorney. Please refer to "Choosing and Working with a Lawyer" below before retaining the services of an attorney.
Renting and Landlords
Please visit our Rental Guide for more complete information, but here are a few particularly useful resources. Do not use the Sample Roommate Agreement without first getting professional legal advice.
- Sample Roommate Agreement
- Move-In Checklist
- Off-Campus Housing Website
- Iowa City Rental Permit Look-up
- Housing Discrimination Information
- Information in Chinese
Housing Inspector Request
Want to know exactly what the law says in Iowa? Find the up-to-date Iowa Code here.
Paying fines online
Want to know how to pay a fine online? Click here to find out.
Just enter your name under "Name Search," and find the right case. You can also narrow your search by county and case type.
Information About Deferred Judgments
Charged with a crime and curious about a deferred judgment? Click here.
Information About The Marijuana Diversion Program
Charged with possession of marijuana and curious about diversion? Click here.
Additional Campus Resources
- Law School Legal Clinic
- Office of the Ombudsperson
- University Counseling Services
- Student Health
- Student Wellness
- Women's Resource and Action Center
- Student Disability Services
- Off Campus Housing Services
- Financial Literacy Services
- Office of the Sexual Misconduct Response Coordinator
- Student Care and Assistance
- Tippie VITA Free Tax Help