Please visit to stay updated on campus COVID-19 information.


Unfortunately, receiving a judgment in your favor is not necessarily the end of your small claims case. If the judgment debtor does not pay, you may need to consider garnishment. It is possible to garnish wages and bank accounts subject to certain exemptions. Many of the necessary forms are available on the Iowa Courts website, but garnishment is a multi-step process, so you are encouraged to contact Student Legal Services or another attorney of your choosing for more information.

If a judgment has been entered against you, there are strict limits regarding how much can be garnished from you. If you are struggling financially as a result of a garnishment, an attorney may be able to help.