Spring 2021 Practices
Student Legal Services staff will continue to work remotely and all client and intake appointments will be conducted via Zoom. If students need notary services, which will need to be provided in person, students may schedule an appointment. Notary appointments will be held at the SLS office located on the ground floor of the Iowa Memorial Union (IMU) on Wednesday afternoons starting August 17, 2020.
Notary appointments are also available to University of Iowa faculty and staff, but appointments will still be required. There will be no walk-in appointments available at the SLS office.
When You Visit In-Person
- Wear a face covering and follow university COVID-19 guidelines.
- Disposable masks will be available, if needed, at the front desk when you enter the SLS office.
- Ensure you schedule an appointment in advance, instructions for scheduling an appointment are listed below.
How to Access our Services
- Students can request Zoom appointments by emailing email@example.com, calling (319)-335-3276, or visiting the SLS website.
- Student groups can request presentations to be conducted virtually by completing a request form HERE
- Students can schedule in-person notary appointments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling (319)-335-3276, or visiting the SLS website.
- Students, staff, or faculty with scheduled notary appointments will receive detailed directions prior to their appointment.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
Only one SLS staff member will be in the office at a time to provide any in-person services.
- Staff will wear face coverings.
- A plexiglass barrier has been installed at the front desk.
- Masks are required for entry into the SLS office.
- Staff will clean after each notary appointment and at the end of each workday.
- Phone: (319) 335-3276
- Email: email@example.com
Student Legal Services will provide campus with regular updates regarding any service changes through several channels:
SLS Social Media: