Warning: Before you pay a fine on-line, be aware that by paying a fine in a case where you haven't entered a plea, you are pleading guilty!
If you are not certain you want to plead guilty, talk to a lawyer before paying a fine.
Directions for Online Payment of Court Fines (Iowa)
- Find your case number(s). If you do not have it, do the following:
- Go to www.iowacourts.gov
- Under Online Services click Docket Record Search.
- On the next page, click Online Docket Record Search.
- On the next page, under Trial Court, click Case Search.
- Enter your name in the boxes provided. Scroll down and enter the county where you were charged. You may also want to select the type of case. Then click search
- Make sure you find all of the case numbers for the cases on which you want to make a payment
- Once you have your case numbers, go to www.iowacourts.gov
- Under Online Services click Pay Fines Online.
- On the next page, click Pay Fines Online again.
- Enter your case type, the county where you were charged, and your name or case number, and search. If you enter your name, make sure you use your given name (Ex. use Robert instead of Bob)
- Click on your case number
- Enter the amount you want to pay and click continue
- Click Continue to USBank.
- Enter your payment information and follow the directions
- Repeat the process for other case numbers.
If you have any questions, contact the Clerk of Court or Student Legal Services
Johnson County Clerk of Court: (319) 356-6060
Linn County Clerk of Court: (319) 398-3411
Other Iowa Clerks of Court can be found at http://www.iowacourts.gov/Administration/Directories/index.asp