For up-to-the-minute information on the University of Iowa’s response to the Coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak, please visit the Campus Coronavirus Updates website.


Complaints regarding discrimination can be sent to the Human Rights Division of Iowa City if you live in Iowa City. If you live outside of Iowa City, complaints can be sent to the Iowa Civil Rights Commission.

Discrimination in housing on the following basis is illegal:

  • Familial Status                                  
  • Sex
  • Gender Identity                               
  • Sexual Orientation
  • National Origin
  • Age                                                       
  • Presence/Absence of Dependents
  • Color                                                    
  • Public Assistance Source of Income
  • Creed                                                   
  • Race
  • Disability                                            
  • Religion
  • Marital Status