Student Legal Services provides high quality, free advice and affordable legal representation for currently enrolled University of Iowa students. Whether you have questions regarding an alcohol offense, are considering a divorce, or need consultation before signing a lease or contract, our professionally-trained staff is ready and willing to help you. SLS has helped University of Iowa students for more than 25 years. Know your rights. Book an appointment with us today by call the office at 319-335-3276, or submitting an appointment request form.
At Student Legal Services we provide advice in the following areas:
- Consumer issues
- Criminal defense (PAULA, Public Intoxication, Possession, OWI)
- Debt collection disputes
- Divorce without children
- Driving and driver's license issues
- Visa and immigration issues
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
- Mediation, including Tenant/Tenant mediation services between University of Iowa Students
- Name changes
- Notarization of legal documents
- Power of Attorney
- Small claims actions
Student Legal Services is staffed by two full-time, licensed, practicing attorneys, up to five legal interns, a full-time legal secretary, and two undergraduate student directors.