Student Legal Services provides high quality, affordable legal advice and representation. Whether you have questions regarding an alcohol offense, are considering a divorce, or need consultation before signing a lease or contract, our professionally-trained staff is ready and willing to help you. We serve University of Iowa students and advice is free. Know your rights. Book an appointment with us today 319-335-3276.
Here at Student Legal Services we provide advice in the following areas:
- Consumer issues
- Criminal defense (PAULA, Public Intoxication, Possession, OWI)
- Debt collection disputes
- Divorce without children
- Driving and driver's license issues
- Visa and immigration issues
- Landlord/Tenant disputes
- Mediation, including Tenant/Tenant mediation services between University of Iowa Students
- Name changes
- Notarization of legal documents
- Power of Attorney
- Small claims actions
Student Legal Services is staffed by two full-time, licensed, practicing attorneys, up to five legal interns, a full-time legal secretary, and two undergraduate student directors.